Monday, July 26, 2010

Mummy Can


I know it seems early, but I always like to get a jump on my project for the holidays, whether it be for the fall or Christmas. Once the school schedule starts, I know my schedule gets busy and my stack of "to do" projects gets harder to tackle. This Mummy Can is so cute and very easy to make. I bought the smaller, empty paint can at Home Depot for a few dollars. All I did was wrapped gauze around the can and secured it with glue. I punched out circles for his eyes. I tucked the eyes into the gauze but used glue to adhere them to the gauze to make them secure. To finish him off I sponged some brown ink on the gauze to make him look aged. I like to fill these cans with candy, cookies, or some sort of goodies for neighbors, friends, teachers, etc at Halloween...a simple, cute gift, that even the kids can help make!

No comments:

Post a Comment